The great thing about the new plan is that they recognize the need for fruits and veggies and each portion is ZERO points. That leaves you plenty of options for healthy, guilt-free snacks throughout the day. The tracking is tough at first but should soon become second nature. I also created this PointPlus tracker on Excel (which is currently set for my PointsPlus allowance but can be changed).
Other helpful links:
Weight Watchers Points Plus Food List
Weight Watchers Points/PointsPlus Calculators
Weight Watchers Calculator, made available due to calculator shortage
Just utilize Google, start with a ‘Weight Watchers PointsPlus’ search and you’ll have a wealth of resources right at your fingertips! Tons of recipes, points lists, and people ready to share their insight!
Amazon also has plenty of options for those looking to start the plan without a membership. You can purchase calculators, books, and entire packages making the plan more portable.
- Weight Watchers helps you think about what you’re eating
- It provides an easy-to-follow guideline to make dieting fool-proof
- There are plenty of resources online to help you on your journey
- It teaches you healthy eating practices and can become a lifestyle
- It allows for cheats and splurges.
- It puts the power in your hands, allowing you to make choices and alter the diet to work for you.
- It can become pricey if you choose to pay for a membership or purchase packages/tools/cookbooks.
- It’s difficult to get into the habit of tracking what you eat.
- It encourages you to substitute with less healthy, processed alternatives such as margarine or diet sodas.
- Constantly having to look up points is difficult at first, when you don’t have an idea of how the system works.